Neuro-Lingustic Programming Courses at the Learning Harbour
Would you like to communicate effectively with even the most difficult people? Would you like to be able to set meaningful, achievable goals for yourself in work and personal life? Would you like to learn to coach others in business, education or on a personal level? These are some of the benefits of attending a Neuro-Linguistic Progamming Course at the Learning Harbour. The Learning Harbour offers a communications and professional development course based on the principles of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP). This course has been successfully run with teachers, youth workers, psychologists, business managers and people from all walks of life.
Neuro-Linguistic Practitioner Course
You can choose to attend the full 20-day training in Neuro-Linguistic Programming, culminating in assessment and certification at Practitioner Level, or to attend individual modules. The course is designed to be flexible. You have the option of choosing to follow the whole course or to complete individual modules. The modules are usually offered twice a year and you can build up to Practitioner level by completing 5 modules over a longer period if this is more convenient. Participants who do not wish to progress to Practitioner level will be given certificates on completion of individual modules.
What is NLP ?
NLP was developed in the 1970s by Richard Bandler and John Grinder as a way of building better rapport, improving communication and dealing with difficult, challenging situations. They developed models based on the excellent communication of people in various, wide-ranging areas of work. A knowledge of NLP can provide ways to rapidly and effectively change limiting thoughts, behaviours and beliefs. It is about the relationship between how we think (Neuro), how we communicate verbally and non-verbally (Linguistic) and our patterns of emotions and behaviour. (Programming)
The exact content of the course will be designed according to participants’ needs. The main outcomes will focus on :
- Effective and real communication : How to talk so that people really listen
- Setting meaningful targets – getting the ‘buy in’
- Dealing with challenge and conflict in a resourceful way
- Dealing with resistance and non-engagement
- Challenging limiting beliefs – your own, other peoples
- Establishing rapport in times of conflict – the language of persuasion
- Taking control of your own mind and dealing with stress
- Getting yourself and others into a positive state – anger and stress management
- Motivating self and others
- Using language precisely and effectively to effect change
- Negotiating successful outcomes for all parties
- Promoting successful learning environments for all
Dates and costs on request